Are you in search for the perfect breadmaker that you can add to your kitchen? If you are, then you should take a look at the Oster 5838 model of bread machine. As we all know, bread recipes are always enjoyed at breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snacks, so it is only practical to have a functional breadmaker at home.
We will present you with the technical information about the Oster 5838 model of bread maker. You will also have an idea as to the breadmaker price and full features and description. Through this review, you can make an intelligent decision as to whether to order and buy this particular model of breadmaker.
Model: Oster 5838
Size: 15.6 x 12.5 x 12.3 inches
Weight: approximately 12.1 pounds
Express Bake Cycle: 58 minutes
Keep Warm Mode: 60 minutes
Digital Display: LCD
Timer: 13-hour delay
Pan: Nonstick aluminum
Cover: Removable lid
Loaf Size: 1-lb., 1.5-lb., 2-lb. (horizontal loaves)
Bread Crust: 3 colors (light, medium, dark)
Accessories: Breadmaker instructions, Oster bread machine recipes, nonstick pan, measuring cups, measuring spoons
- Express Bake Cycle – You can make a 2-pound loaf on this Oster bread machine model in less than an hour (58 minutes to be exact).
- User-Friendly Control Panel – This Oster bread maker is equipped with easy-to-use controls. You can even program the device to bake bread at a specific time as it has a 13-hour delay timer.
- Programmable Settings – This breadmaker can be set in 8 different settings depending on the type of bread that you want to bake. It can also be programmed to make cakes, knead dough, and prepare jams.
- Modern Design – This Oster breadmaker has a keep warm functionality so that you can enjoy the taste and smell of freshly baked bread.
Oster breadmakers have long been known to possess the latest designs in technology. The Oster 5838 model in particular is known for its express bake cycle which is not present in other brands and models of bread making machines. It can bake breads and cakes in as fast as 58 minutes and you can even make back to back batches of different types of bread if you so desire.
Breadmaker recipes are included when you buy this model of Oster bread machine. You can make basic types of bread (white or whole wheat) as well as bagels, cinnamon rolls, pasta and even jams. The steps and procedures involved in making these Oster bread maker recipes are really simple. Just mix the ingredients, choose the type of bread that you wish to make, and select the color of crust applicable to your chosen recipe. The baking process will then begin as soon as you push the “start” button.
- Versatile – This model of breadmaker is compact and yet powerful enough to make different types and forms of bread.
- Easy to Operate – The unit comes with easy-to-follow breadmaker instructions. You are even provided with a guide as to how to add fruits and nuts to your Oster bread maker recipes. The unit has an audible “add in signal” to alert you as to the right time to add these ingredients, and it even has a clear glass view window so that you can monitor the entire baking process.
- Easy to Clean – The nonstick pan makes clean-up really easy.
- Affordable – Compared to other breadmakers, the Oster 5838 is more reasonably priced.
- According to some customers, the recipes included in the Oster bread machine sometimes need to be adjusted in order to achieve perfect results. When your recipes come out hard and dry, you may need to add more water to the recipe. And if some bread recipes seem to collapse, you should reduce the amount of water that you put into the mixture.
What Others are Saying
This particular model of Oster bread maker has an overall rating of 3.5 stars out of 5 stars at the Amazon.com site. Around 300 customers have rated their experiences with this product and a majority of the consumers found this device to be the best bread maker to date. Here are some of the customer reviews and comments that you will find on said site:
- “I have owned and used this breadmaker for 5 years now and there is no reason to get another one. The best part is it comes out with a loaf of bread that looks like a loaf of bread, not some tube of baked stuff.”
- “I decided to go low-end when purchasing my first bread machine, and I couldn’t be more satisfied with my selection. The instructions and recipes are easy to follow, and the results, whether I use the dough cycle or allow the bread to bake in the machine, are wonderful.”
- “So, don’t feel like you have to spend a lot on a “better” bread machine. This one works beautifully, is simple to use AND you’ll have money left over to buy that other kitchen gadget you’ve always wanted.”
How Much is the Oster 5838 Breadmaker?
This model of Oster Bread machine is currently priced at $59.99 at the Amazon.com site. The bread maker price can even include free shipping and handling.
Does it Include a Warranty?
Yes. This Oster bread maker is backed by a 1-year limited time warranty.
Here is our overall assessment of this breadmaker:
Value for Your Money (Is the price reasonable?) – 10 out of 10
Technology and Performance (How well does it work?) – 9 out of 10
Features (Is it multi-functional?) – 10 out of 10
Ease of Use (Is it user-friendly?) – 10 out of 10
As you can see in this breadmaker review, we are giving this Oster bread machine an overall rating of 9.75 out of a perfect 10. Considering the price and features of this particular model of breadmaker, we can definitely conclude that it’s the best breadmaker offered on the market today. However, we do find its 8 programmable settings to be a little limiting as compared to other brands and models of bread making machines.
Comments are closed.